Pages

Dec 1, 2009

LP 13

1. I don't think I have a preference for working with certain people over another group. I do however know that I do not want to work as a social worker. I think their meaning is really drowned in paperwork stuck behind a desk. I know I wouldn't mind working with children, teens, or adults. I guess it might be a little harder for me to work with elderly but that's just because I don't know them very well. I still like the older generation and find them very interesting. Although, I do not think that working in a nursing home would be something I enjoyed.

2. When they are intending harm upon themselves or someone else.

3. A dual relationship is considered inappropriate when it is affecting the helper in a negative way. With that said even if it is affecting the helper in a positive way it may loose the focus of the client. A worker is there to help the client in their needs and not to interfere with the workers personal life.

4. Spending time with the client outside of scheduled times in the work setting. Calling the client outside of work to talk in a personal manner. Getting sexually involved with a client or romantically involved.

5. Counter transference is when there is an emotional reaction to a client because of something they have shared with the worker. This comes from the worker.

1 comment: